Search for atmospheres
Reading The Book Of Paintings
The Oval Portrait by E. A. Poe
The setting of The Oval Portrait is a chateau at night. By using forcible entry our main character settles himself, and his valet, into a small, antique room. On the bed, he finds a novel which details all of the paintings scattered throughout the room and detailing the story of the price of ignorance between two young personalities. As I read the story the detailed description of this man finding the book and reading it inspired me to create this piece. Mood words such as "slumbering valet", "light the tongues of a tall candelabrum", "I read", and "remote turret" lead me to using sounds such as the turning of the book pages, the man snoring and the candelabrum crackling. As I stated before I believe the theme of this story would be the price of being exceedingly concerned about your job rather than the people who care about you.
Comments for "The Oval Portrait by E. A. Poe"
License details for "The Oval Portrait by E. A. Poe"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Candelabrum guttering by -k-is_the_author +)
- Man Sleeping by Audio Enabled +)
- Bed Sheet Rustle by cmorris035 from http://freesound.org +)
- flipping thin pages by Desiree +)
- Distant Grandfather Clock by Ghostcrafter090 +)
- room ambience by littleboot from http://freesound.org +)