Search for atmospheres
A peaceful day at the Mortmain Headquarters
The World Is Quiet Here
All the sounds one might hear in the library of the V.F.D headquarters on a calm, rainy day.
The V.F.D. Headquarters was the second-to-last safe place for V.F.D. volunteers.
It was located in the Mortmain Mountains, at the base of Mount Fraught, in the Valley of Four Drafts. Before its destruction in book ten by the Man With a Beard But No Hair and the Woman With Hair But No Beard, it was said to have had the following rooms: a kitchen, a dining room, a parlor, a disguise center, a movie room, a set of stables, a gymnasium, a training center, a garage, six laboratories, dormitories, schoolrooms, a lounge, a theater, a music room, a museum, an ice cream shop, rehearsal studios, testing centers, a swimming pool, bathrooms, and the grand V.F.D. library.
According to a book that Quigley Quagmire once read, there was a mechanism, just outside a large window in the kitchen, that turned some of the water from the waterfall at the source of the Stricken Stream into steam. This steam then rose up and covered the headquarters so it could not be seen through the shield of mist.
Comments for "The World Is Quiet Here"
License details for "The World Is Quiet Here"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- British Library reading room by bulldozia from http://freesound.org +)
- Library Ambiance by https://www.freesound.org/people/Meepalicious/sounds/245889/ +)
- Old Typewriter 1 by juskiddink from http://freesound.org +)
- Pouring tea, drinking by lunafaery +)
- Writing with a felt tip pen by MoKoLoKo from http://freesound.org +)
- Chimney fire by reinsamba +)
- Footsteps - Pan Left by Soundjay +)
- Rain on a tin roof by Virtual Sound Company +)